Wow! It appears the high value Colgate coupon has reset on Coupons.com. Just head on over there and use zip code 12345 (if needed) to print a $1.50/1 Colgate Senstitive Pro-Relief toothpaste coupon! Even sweeter, this coupon has NO size restrictions, so if you’re store sells the travel size (I’ve heard Walmart does), you should be able to score these FREE!
Ever seen the coupons that print out of machines after you make a purchase? These are what will turn you into a cuckoo coupon lady – at most places these are called Catalinas, but at Walgreen’s they are Register Rewards.
At Walgreens, you can get a “Catalina” coupon called Register Reward. A Register Reward is a coupon that prints after you make a qualifying purchase. It is typically good for “X” amount off of your next transaction. Pictured below is what the ad will look like in the Walgreen’s Circular. When you buy the advertised item, after paying, you will receive a coupon (Register Reward) to use on your next purchase.
Here are the rules for using Register Rewards (commonly referred to as RR’s) at Walgreen’s:
1. You can only get one Register Reward per promotion in a single purchase. You can buy 2 of the same item, but they would have to be rung up separately. You can get multiple Register Rewards in one purchase when you buy products from different promotions.
2. You cannot use the exact Register Reward on the same promotion in a following transaction. Ie.. if you buy Olay and get a RR (Register Reward) you cannot use that RR to buy another Olay. If you do so, you will not receive a second RR. You either have to pay for the soap and accumulate the catalinas for a different purchase, or you’ll need to use the catalinas from a different promotion to pay for the second Olay. 3. FILLER ITEMS: You have to have as many items purchased as coupons (RR is considered a coupon)! If you bought one Olay and tried to use a coupon and a RR to pay, it would not be accepted. You would need to buy one more item – called a “filler item” so you have 2 products and 2 coupons. The extra item you buy doesn’t have to match up with any coupons!
I receive this question a lot: if a RR is going to print at Walgreens, do you need a filler item for your coupon ratio? The answer is no, the RR that is supposed to print has no bearing on your coupon ration. This means if you are purchasing 2 products with 2 coupons, you can still expect RR’s to print (no filler items required!) However, if you want to pay for the 2 products with 2 coupons and an RR, then get a filler item.
4. Register Rewards and coupons can not be applied towards sales tax. You will always have to pay the full tax amount for every purchase even if the products were free.
5. Walgreens coupons from their weekly ad and/or coupon booklets (learn more about those here) available throughout the store, from the pharmacy, or even from a $0.99 Children’s activity booklet do NOT count towards your coupon to item ratio. (In other words, the register will not beep if you are using more Walgreen’s coupons than items. Remember though, that Register Rewards and other manufacturer’s coupons can only be used once per each item purchased).
6. Walgreen’s offers a 15% discount to military personnel/dependents on Tuesdays: The days might be different depending on locations in Yorktown Va it’s every Tuesday – so ask you local Wags!
Register Rewards can save you a lot of money but are somewhat complicated. Make sure you understand how they work before you get started!
Walgreen’s will take all manufacturer coupons, and you can stack it with a Walgreens in-store coupon, but you must hand them the Walgreen’s in-store coupon FIRST!
will take printable Internet coupons
you must have as many products as coupons. If you are stacking an in-store coupon with a MFR coupon, make sure to have “filler” items. These items don’t have to match up with any coupons, they just make it so that you don’t have more coupons than products purchased.
BOGO: When items are featured in a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the items being purchased. That means if you have a BOGO Free Chips sale, and chips are $2, and you have 2 $1/1 Chips coupons, you can use them both with the BOGO Free sale to score free chips!
do not match competitors ads or prices
do not take other stores in-store coupons
do not take other stores catalinas
Rain Checks: Walgreens does issues rain checks! Rain checks are good for in-store purchases only and valid for 30 days. You won’t get the RR, so if it’s just for a sale item with no RR, get the raincheck, but if you’re looking for the deal with a RR, you won’t get it.
1. Register Rewards are now to be scanned first, then MFG coupons, and WAG coupons/in-store coupons last. This way it is easier for the register to accept the MFG coupons because it will take off according to the amount left on the item for the WAG coupons and therefore the coupons won’t have to be modified.
2. Coupons can no longer be modified for a lower price. Ex: An item is on sale for 3.99 and you have a $4 off coupon. In order to use it, you must buy two items: One will be free and the other will cost 3.98. Because the coupon applied to both items, a second coupon cannot be used for the additional item.
Walgreen’s transactions and scenarios can score you some SMART MOMMY deals! Each week we will lay out a step-by-step plan to try to have you only spending $5 OOP each week!
Learn how to shop at Walgreen’s if you’re new around here! RR’s will not be tied to your rain checks! Note: from a reader “I live in the Kansas City area and some on the items we get points to use for RR opposed to getting the rewards right then and there.” So check your ad in the store to make sure it’s the same as the deals posted. There may be other areas of the country that have the small ad and they have less deals. The small ad is 6-8 pages and the long one is 12+ pages.
Wow!! ING Direct is offering up a sweet promo where you can earn up to $126! All you have to do is open up a FREE Electric Orange checking account today or tomorrow (7/1 or 7/2) by following the directions below…
*Go on over here and click on the ING Direct logo (upper left corner; see picture below)
*Then click on the “Learn More” button below the Financial Independence Day Sale image
*Now click on the “Learn More” button below the Electric Orange Checking Account image (see the picture below)
*Next click on “Apply Now”
*Open a free Electric Orange Checking account (No minimum amount required to open an account!)
*You will receive an ING Electric Orange Debit Mastercard.
*Now make a total of 3 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Electric Orange Card or Person2Person Payments (or any combination of the two) within 45 days and you’ll snag $50 which will be automatically deposited on August 21st.
* You’ll also want to set up Direct Deposit and have two Direct Deposits of at least $250 post to your Electric Orange by August 31st. If you do so, you’ll snag $76 which will be automatically deposited on September 8th.
** Please note that these bonus offers are only available for new Electric Orange checking accounts. Only one bonus will be provided per household.
What an easy way to earn $126! Plus, I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews regarding ING direct. And if you decide that you don’t want this checking account, you can cancel at anytime. Also, keep in mind that the 3 purchases you’ll need to make can be very small and when you put money into the account it doesn’t need to be a lot.. $5, $10… really any amount.
If you have an account with ING Direct already, I’d love to hear your feedback!
Update – The Frosted Cupcake Apron is sold out, but it looks like there are other aprons (including the Luscious Lemons Apron ) priced at only $14.99 and it appears that the free shipping code is also working on those aprons!
WooHoo! Currently, Flirty Aprons is hosting another irregular apron sale where you can snag this adorable Frosted Cupcake apron SOLD OUT for ONLY $12.99 (that’s up to 68% off the retail price) +FREE shipping when you enter the promo code JULY4 at checkout! As I have stated many times before, I personally have the Luscious Lemons Apron and love it… it’s practical AND makes me feel really cute while I’m cooking (not an easy task to accomplish ).
Hurry on over here to snag your Frosted Cupcake Apron, but remember supplies are limited for this select style so you’ll need to act fast! If cupcakes aren’t your thing, there are a lot of other adorable Aprons priced around $25.95 + shipping, so be sure to browse around! Keep in mind that most of the flaws on these aprons are minimal and difficult to notice; some common irregularities include: restitching, loose seams & pockets, and minor print flaws. Remember, these aprons are sold on a first come first serve basis so you’ll want to snatch yours up while it is still available!
Are you in need of some colorful and comfy flip flops for yourself or your kiddos?! Or how about a new water bottle? If so, you may want to check out the July 4th Event over at The Clymb. The Clymb offers premium sportswear and outdoor gear at up to 70% off which means big savings for upcoming camping trips and outdoor activities this summer. And here’s the best part… for a limited time, you can sign up through this link and you’ll snag a $10 credit (keep in mind that the $10 credit is only for new sign-ups)!
If you’ve been looking to snag some cheap beach/pool towels, here’s your chance! Through July 4th, ToysRUs.com is offering up the Sizzlin’ Cool Beach Towels for 50% off with the coupon code 946153 at checkout. That means you can snag 100% cotton 30×60 towels for as low as $2.99 (after the coupon code). And to sweeten these deals even more, you can snag FREE 2 day shipping when you sign up for a FREE 30 day trial of ShopRunner (you can cancel ShopRunner at anytime during the 30 day trial with no penalty or charges to your credit card)*.
* Head to checkout. Your final cost will be as low as $2.99 shipped right to your door!
* If you’re not familiar with ShopRunner, be sure to check out my post here. In addition to snagging FREE 2 day shipping at ToysRUs.com and BabiesRUs.com, ShopRunner also offers up free 2 day shipping at SportsAuthority.com, Borders.com, Drugstore.com and more!
BJ’s Wholesale Club is offering up a Free 60-Day Trial Membership on their Facebook page, which can be activated until next 7/5. The risk-free, trial membership includes full member benefits including savings and no surcharge.
Carter’s Go here to print a 20% off $40 purchase coupon, valid through 7/11.
Children’s Place Head on over here to snag 15% off your entire purchase, valid through 7/4.
Coach Factory Outlet Head on over here to print a new coupon for 30% off already reduced prices, valid through 7/10.
Currently, Tanga.com is offering up a 1-year subscription (10 issues) to Men’s Fitness magazine for only $3.99 whenever you enter the promo code FITNESS at checkout! This magazine subscription normally retails for $47.40, so this seems like one heck of a deal! If you’re unfamiliar with this magazine, it’s a guide for fit and active men filled with information on training, nutrition, gear, apparel, relationships and adventure sports…and would make a great birthday, anniversary, or a surprise gift for that special man in your life!
Please also keep in mind that as more people purchase this magazine subscription, the price on Tanga after the coupon code may start going up. So if you are at all interested in snagging a subscription, do it sooner so that you can get the lowest possible price!