Wow! It appears the high value Colgate coupon has reset on Coupons.com. Just head on over there and use zip code 12345 (if needed) to print a $1.50/1 Colgate Senstitive Pro-Relief toothpaste coupon! Even sweeter, this coupon has NO size restrictions, so if you’re store sells the travel size (I’ve heard Walmart does), you should be able to score these FREE!
Ever seen the coupons that print out of machines after you make a purchase? These are what will turn you into a cuckoo coupon lady – at most places these are called Catalinas, but at Walgreen’s they are Register Rewards.
At Walgreens, you can get a “Catalina” coupon called Register Reward. A Register Reward is a coupon that prints after you make a qualifying purchase. It is typically good for “X” amount off of your next transaction. Pictured below is what the ad will look like in the Walgreen’s Circular. When you buy the advertised item, after paying, you will receive a coupon (Register Reward) to use on your next purchase.
Here are the rules for using Register Rewards (commonly referred to as RR’s) at Walgreen’s:
1. You can only get one Register Reward per promotion in a single purchase. You can buy 2 of the same item, but they would have to be rung up separately. You can get multiple Register Rewards in one purchase when you buy products from different promotions.
2. You cannot use the exact Register Reward on the same promotion in a following transaction. Ie.. if you buy Olay and get a RR (Register Reward) you cannot use that RR to buy another Olay. If you do so, you will not receive a second RR. You either have to pay for the soap and accumulate the catalinas for a different purchase, or you’ll need to use the catalinas from a different promotion to pay for the second Olay. 3. FILLER ITEMS: You have to have as many items purchased as coupons (RR is considered a coupon)! If you bought one Olay and tried to use a coupon and a RR to pay, it would not be accepted. You would need to buy one more item – called a “filler item” so you have 2 products and 2 coupons. The extra item you buy doesn’t have to match up with any coupons!
I receive this question a lot: if a RR is going to print at Walgreens, do you need a filler item for your coupon ratio? The answer is no, the RR that is supposed to print has no bearing on your coupon ration. This means if you are purchasing 2 products with 2 coupons, you can still expect RR’s to print (no filler items required!) However, if you want to pay for the 2 products with 2 coupons and an RR, then get a filler item.
4. Register Rewards and coupons can not be applied towards sales tax. You will always have to pay the full tax amount for every purchase even if the products were free.
5. Walgreens coupons from their weekly ad and/or coupon booklets (learn more about those here) available throughout the store, from the pharmacy, or even from a $0.99 Children’s activity booklet do NOT count towards your coupon to item ratio. (In other words, the register will not beep if you are using more Walgreen’s coupons than items. Remember though, that Register Rewards and other manufacturer’s coupons can only be used once per each item purchased).
6. Walgreen’s offers a 15% discount to military personnel/dependents on Tuesdays: The days might be different depending on locations in Yorktown Va it’s every Tuesday – so ask you local Wags!
Register Rewards can save you a lot of money but are somewhat complicated. Make sure you understand how they work before you get started!
Walgreen’s will take all manufacturer coupons, and you can stack it with a Walgreens in-store coupon, but you must hand them the Walgreen’s in-store coupon FIRST!
will take printable Internet coupons
you must have as many products as coupons. If you are stacking an in-store coupon with a MFR coupon, make sure to have “filler” items. These items don’t have to match up with any coupons, they just make it so that you don’t have more coupons than products purchased.
BOGO: When items are featured in a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the items being purchased. That means if you have a BOGO Free Chips sale, and chips are $2, and you have 2 $1/1 Chips coupons, you can use them both with the BOGO Free sale to score free chips!
do not match competitors ads or prices
do not take other stores in-store coupons
do not take other stores catalinas
Rain Checks: Walgreens does issues rain checks! Rain checks are good for in-store purchases only and valid for 30 days. You won’t get the RR, so if it’s just for a sale item with no RR, get the raincheck, but if you’re looking for the deal with a RR, you won’t get it.
1. Register Rewards are now to be scanned first, then MFG coupons, and WAG coupons/in-store coupons last. This way it is easier for the register to accept the MFG coupons because it will take off according to the amount left on the item for the WAG coupons and therefore the coupons won’t have to be modified.
2. Coupons can no longer be modified for a lower price. Ex: An item is on sale for 3.99 and you have a $4 off coupon. In order to use it, you must buy two items: One will be free and the other will cost 3.98. Because the coupon applied to both items, a second coupon cannot be used for the additional item.
Walgreen’s transactions and scenarios can score you some SMART MOMMY deals! Each week we will lay out a step-by-step plan to try to have you only spending $5 OOP each week!
Learn how to shop at Walgreen’s if you’re new around here! RR’s will not be tied to your rain checks! Note: from a reader “I live in the Kansas City area and some on the items we get points to use for RR opposed to getting the rewards right then and there.” So check your ad in the store to make sure it’s the same as the deals posted. There may be other areas of the country that have the small ad and they have less deals. The small ad is 6-8 pages and the long one is 12+ pages.
Wow! Currently, Tanga.com is offering up a 1-year subscription to Parents magazine for only $2.99 when you enter the code PARENTS during checkout (retail value of $84)! This magazine has 12 issues per subscription and you can buy up to 3 years for ONLY $8.97, which is way less than the suggested retail price of 1 year!
I wanted to share with you what you will be able to shop for for free or cheap at the Drugstores (CVS and Walgreens) next week after coupons and store promotions. All of these deals start on 7/03 . This is just a preview of all the deals that will be available.
Reach Toothbrush 2pk $2.69, Get $1 ECB (limit 1)
Use $2/1 Reach Toothbrushes 5/8/2011 SS Insert (exp 8/8/2011)
Pay $0.69 each after coupon and ECB
Oral-B Advantage or Crossaction Toothbrush $3.00, Get $1 ECB (limit 2)
Use $2/1 Oral B Toothbrushes 7/3/2011 P&G Insert (exp 7/31/2011)
FREE after coupon and ECB
Oral B Pulsar Toothbrush $5.99, Get $3 ECB back (limit 2)
Use $3/1 Oral B Adult or Kids Battery Toothbrush 6/5/2011 P&G Insert (exp 7/31/2011)
FREE after coupon and ECB
Oral B Advantage Toothbrush, 2/$2
Use $2/2 Oral B Toothbrushes 7/3/2011 P&G Insert (exp 7/31/2011)
FREE after coupon
Gillette Fusion Razor System, $9.99, 3/$18, Get $5 in Register Rewards when you buy one
Use $4/1 Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor 6/5/2011 P&G Insert (exp 7/31/2011)
Pay $0.99 each after coupon and RR
Osteo Bi-Flex (30 Ct.), $19.99 B1G1 Free,
Use $5/1 Osteo Bi-Flex Caplets, Softgels, or Powder 6/12/2011 RP Insert (exp 7/30/2011)
PLUS $5/1 Osteo Bi Flex, Walgreens Coupon in Answers Coupon Book found in some stores (if you find it this takes off $5 for each)
FREE after coupons
Here is a step-by-step scenario for a beginner, or anyone who has ZERO ECBs to start with. You do not have to do all transactions in one trip. If the store is not busy, and the cashier is nice, I will do numerous transactions. If not, I’ll come back or go to another store.
Buy 1 – Motrin PM 20-Count $4.00
Use $1.00/1 Motrin PM Product coupon in the 6/12 RP
Like CVS on Facebook, and go to the “Special Offers” tab, to register for their Sizzlin Summer Savingscoupon promotion. If they reach 530,000 Facebook fans by June 25th, then they’ll giveaway a Sizzlin’ Summer Shopping Pass for 25% off. If they reach 480,000 Facebook fans by 6/25, then the discount will be20% off.
While you’re at Facebook, be sure to ‘Like’ Saving Everyday and join over 15,520 fellow deal seekers! We often post deals and coupons there that aren’t on the site!
For all of who haven’t yet signed up for the CVS Beauty Club, this is an awesome program! You’ll receive:
10% off beauty shopping pass when you enroll.
$5 ECB with every $50 purchase of beauty products (before coupon total).
$3 ECB on your birthday.
Sneak peek at new items before they hit shelves.
You can enroll on the CVS Website or on the CVS Beauty Club Facebook Page – To ensure you receive your welcome coupon by email, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. If you don’t see your email within the next couple of hours, check your SPAM inbox.